Летний курс B
LOWER ADVANCED (B1/B2)
This course will enable you to:
- Express your views, share ideas and form questions in a clearer and more efficient way
- Use synonyms and paraphrase
- Boost listening and reading skills
- Expand vocabulary
- Improve your understanding of the grammar and sentence structure
- Learn interesting (perhaps, less known) facts about the country and its people
|Lesson 1 (video)||Take a trip to Krasnoyarsk, a large city on the Yenisei River in Siberia, and find out how its residents view matrimony and family|
|Lesson 2 (video)||Meet residents of Dikson, a former Soviet port and one of the world’s northernmost settlements|
|Lesson 3 (video)||Explore Sakhalin, the largest island of Russia situated in the Pacific Ocean, north of Japan|
|Lesson 4 (text)||Should Soviet monuments be preserved or dismantled?|
|Lesson 5 (text)||Dress code in Russian colleges|
- Fragments of documentaries and TV shows
- Extracts from newspaper articles slightly adapted the to required level
- A variety of engaging activities for practice and consolidation
- Each video comes with a transcript and a glossary
- Each newspaper article comes with a glossary and an audio recording
All course materials are prepared by the teacher.
Lesson date and time
Date: 6, 8, 13, 15, 20, 22 September (Tuesdays and Thursdays)
Group lesson: 120 minutes
One-to-one lesson: 90 minutes (contact me to arrange)
Where does the course take place?
Zoom video. Here is the link to Zoom website that will open in a new tab if you’d like to find out more about it.
If you are new to Zoom we can test your connection before you sign up for the course!
Before each lesson
- Students will be expected to watch a video / read a short text and then complete 2-3 tasks prior to the lesson which will be checked and discussed at the start of the lesson. Each video is 3-6 minutes long.
After the lesson you will receive (by email)
- Zoom chat from the lesson + lesson notes
- Homework and materials for the next lesson
- A link to the video and audio recordings of the texts