Кофе с Татьяной
- Interesting topic for discussion each week (i.e. Не интересоваться политикой – это плохо? Информация в СМИ может быть объективной?)
- Carefully selected and widely applicable core vocabulary
- Discussions, interviews and problem solving activities
- Engaging reading, listening and writing activities
- Useful phrases for expressing opinion, agreement/disagreement and formulating questions in a clear and efficient way
- Revision and practice of essential grammar such as verb aspect, verbs with different cases, tenses, noun declension etc.
You are expected to be familiar with the following grammar:
Extensive knowledge of this grammar is NOT required!
- Declension of adjectives and l nouns (singular, plural)
- Comparative forms of adjectives
- Imperfective and perfective verbs
- All three tenses (Present, Past, Future)
- Basic and prefixed verbs of motion
- Real and unreal condition (если, если бы)
- Complex sentences with который, ли
- Impersonal pronouns (i.e. кто-то, что-то, что-нибудь)
- Double negative (i.e. Я ничего никому не скажу)
- The concept of active and passive participles (i.e. работающий, написанный) – desirable but not compulsory
- You need to be able to use Zoom and have a good Internet connection.
Number of lessons
Group lesson: 120 minutes
One-to-one lesson: 90 minutes
Where does the course take place?
Zoom video. Here is the link to Zoom website that will open in a new tab if you’d like to find out more about it.
If you are new to Zoom we can test your connection before you sign up for the course!
Before each lesson
- Lesson materials will be emailed to you one week prior to each lesson to enable preparation in advance if necessary.
After the lesson you will receive (via email)
- Zoom chat from the lesson
- Homework instructions and materials for the next lesson
- Audio recordings of the phrases / short texts for revision and pronunciation practice
How to send your homework to the teacher
- It can be typed in the email or Word document and then emailed to the teacher
- You can take a picture of your work and email it to me as an attachment from your phone or computer