LOWER ADVANCED / ADVANCED
You are expected to be familiar with the following grammar:
Extensive knowledge of this grammar is NOT required!
- Declension of adjectives and nouns (singular, plural)
- Comparative forms of adjectives
- Imperfective and perfective verbs
- Basic and prefixed verbs of motion
- All three tenses (Present, Past, Future)
- Real and unreal condition (i.e. если, если бы)
- Complex sentences with который, ли
- Impersonal pronouns (i.e. кто-то, то-нибудь)
- Double negative (i.e. Я ничего никому не скажу)
This course will enable you to:
- Get more confident in using …..
- verbs of motion in both literal and figurative sense
- imperfective and perfective verbs
- prepositions and verbs with various cases
- short adjectives
- expressions of uncertainty, condition and concession
- participles etc.
- Expand your vocabulary in a variety of popular topics such as politics, technology, modern society etc.
- Express your views, ideas and formulate questions in a clearer and more efficient way
- Improve your listening skills
- Refresh your existing knowledge of the language
- Magazine and newspaper articles adapted to required level
- Supplementary materials
- Audio recordings of the articles
Number of lessons
10+10+10 (each block of 10 sessions can be booked separately)
Group lesson: 120 minutes
One-to-one lesson: 90 minutes
Where does the course take place?
Zoom video. Here is the link to Zoom website that will open in a new tab if you’d like to find out more about it.
If you are new to Zoom we can test your connection before you sign up for the course!
Before each lesson
- Handouts will be emailed to you as a file one week prior to the lesson to enable preparation in advance if needed.
- Occasionally, you will be asked to read a short text which will be emailed to you one week in advance.
In the lesson
- Q&A session
- Brief revision of previous lesson(s)
- Writing, reading and listening activities for practice and consolidation of essential grammatical constructions and useful vocabulary
- Discussions, interviews, small presentations, role plays
After the lesson you will receive (by email)
- Zoom chat from the lesson + lesson notes
- Homework and materials for the next lesson
- Audio recordings for revision and pronunciation practice
How to submit your homework
- It can be typed in the email or Word document and then emailed to the teacher
- You can take a picture of your work and email it to the teacher as an attachment from your phone or computer