В газетах пишут…
You are expected to be familiar with the following grammar:
Extensive knowledge of this grammar is not required!
- Declension of adjectives and l nouns (singular, plural)
- Comparative forms of adjectives
- Imperfective and perfective verbs
- All three tenses (Present, Past, Future)
- Basic and prefixed verbs of motion
- Real and unreal condition (если, если бы)
- Complex sentences with который, ли
- Prepositions for reason and consequence (i.e. несмотря на, из-за)
- Impersonal pronouns (i.e. кто-то, что-то, что-нибудь)
- Double negative (i.e. Я ничего никому не скажу)
- The concept of active and passive participles (i.e. работающий, написанный) – desirable but not compulsory
- You need to be able to use Zoom and have a good Internet connection
This course will help you
- Expand and enrich your vocabulary in politics, economy, education, technology, health care, migration, human rights and other popular subjects
- Express your views and formulate questions in a clearer and more efficient way
- Expand your knowledge of grammatical constructions widely used in the language of the press
- Gain a better understanding of sentence structures
- Newspaper or magazine articles adapted to required level
- Supplementary materials
- Audio (slow and natural speed)
Number of lessons
30 (each block of 10 sessions can be booked separately)
Group lesson: 120 minutes
One-to-one lesson: 90 minutes
Where does the course take place?
Zoom video. Here is the link to Zoom website that will open in a new tab if you’d like to find out more about it.
If you are new to Zoom we can test your connection before you sign up for the course!
Before each lesson
- You will be expected to read a short article. A file will be emailed to you along with a glossary one week before the lesson. Please note that the glossary is provided to assist you, not to be memorised.
- Lesson handouts will be emailed to you one week in advance prior to the lesson. There is no requirement to study them before the lesson.
In the lesson
- Q&A session to give you the opportunity to clarify and discuss challenging parts in the article
- Brief revision of previous lesson(s)
- Activities for practice and consolidation of useful grammatical constructions and vocabulary from the article
- Discussions, interviews, small presentations
After the lesson you will receive (by email)
- Zoom chat from the lesson
- Homework instructions and materials for the next lesson
- Audio recordings of the article (slow version and natural speed version) for revision and pronunciation practice
How to submit your homework
- It can be typed in the email or Word document and then emailed to the teacher
- You can take a picture of your work and email it to the teacher as an attachment from your phone or computer