Здравствуйте! Добро пожаловать!
My name is Tatiana Garipova. I come from Krasnoyarsk, a bustling Siberian city on the Yenisei River. I have lived in the UK since 2006. I am currently based in Surrey.
I am a keen language learner myself. I started learning Japanese as a beginner at university in Russia. After finishing university, I lived in Japan for five years where I completed a master’s degree entirely in Japanese. I also speak English. I understand what it means to learn a language very different to your own.
I have been teaching Russian to adult students of varied ages and learning styles at Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced levels since 2006. I taught Russian to FCDO staff (Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office) both one-to-one and in small groups on highly demanding intensive courses for 11 years (all levels). I also delivered and marked Russian language examinations (A1-B2) for diplomatic services.
I launched in summer 2020 and have delivered 20 group and 18 one-to-one courses (between 5 weeks – 1 year long) on Zoom. I can proudly say that the majority of students find my online lessons very useful and interesting.
Key elements that make online language learning a success
- Meticulous planning
- My lessons are designed specifically for online learning. They are well structured, inclusive, and contain a mixture of engaging activities.
- Friendly and supportive atmosphere in the class
- Interactive Google Docs
- Allows both the students and the teacher viewing and editing a document at the same time, and in real time. The documents are downloadable and can be accessed anytime.
- Zoom meetings
- Requires absolute minimum knowledge of technology, very easy to use, and breakout rooms are ideal for pair work.
- Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (Level 5), Nottingham College, UK, 2008
- MA in History of Japan, Kanazawa University, Japan, 2005
- BA in Linguistics and Translation (Japanese, Russian, English), Krasnoyarsk State University, Russia, 2000
I have delivered Russian courses for
- University of Westminster
- University College London
- Queen Mary University of London
- University of Nottingham
- University of Dundee
- Farnborough College of Technology
- Language training providers for FCDO and MoD in London
- Adult education colleges in Nottingham, Leicester and London
- I love jogging (18 miles per week).
- I also like doing art. Visit my Instagram page if you’d like to meet my colourful friends.